Cnoc Bhiosta self catering cottage Tiree is a traditional Tiree Grade A listed thatched cottage set on its own at the top of a hill and having excellent views to Rum and turning west all the way out to Barra. At the foot of the hill is Loch Bhasapol with good views of the wind surfing school of well known Wild Diamond and then on to the rugged coastline.
On a Thursday lunchtime you can see the Clansman exiting the Gunna Sound and making it’s way West towards Barra and then in the late afternoon returning to Tiree before going on to Coll and Oban.
The cottage consists of three rooms, a kitchen/livingroom, bedroom and shower room
The kitchen is well equipped with oven, hob, microwave, toaster, fridge/freezer,dishwasher and all the usual kitchen utensils
The living area has a small sofa and individual easy chair with coffee table, bookcase with a CD player, iPod player and dining table with four chairs
The bedroom is fitted with a 5’ wide bed, small wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside tables with individual reading lamps on each side of the bed.
The shower room has a toilet, shower and hand basin set on top of a small unit. Lighting in this room is particularly good with a row of lamps over the good sized mirror
- Babies are welcome but there are no sleeping facilities at the cottage so guests must bring with them suitable sleeping equipment.
- The cottage enjoys free WiFi access
- Adjacent to the cottage is a black-top building with washing machine and tumble dryer. There is also a further twin-bedded bedroom which would be suitable for a further couple or two mature children together with an en-suite toilet and handbasin. The shower in the main cottage would have to be shared as there is insufficient space for a shower in the en-suite.The property is centrally heated by an air sourced heat pump and the hot water is boosted with a wet solar panel
- Outside there is plenty of space for parking and as the road ends at the property there is virtually no traffic. There is also a barbecue provided for the use of guests which is gas fired and therefore not a risk to the thatched roof as would be with a charcoal device
- Well behaved pets are welcome but guests are requested to clear the garden prior to departure.
The mobile telephone providers on Tiree are Vodafone and O2 only. If you use another provider that subcontracts to either of these main providers you may get a service. The aerial is about 0.5 miles from the cottage and is clearly visible at the top of another hill.
|Accom Type||Accom Info||Tariff|
|Self catering cottage Tiree||1 bedroom, sleeping 2 plus blacktop bedroom two singles||£500 per week (for 2 persons) £600 (for 4 persons). +£25 per week for bed linen if required + £100 for use of twin bedroom.|
Isle of Tiree
OPEN: All year
PAYMENT: Cash | Cheque | Bank transfer